Woodside is a College Preparatory School specializing in the unique academic needs of our multicultural student population. Our College Counselor gets to know each of our students as an individual, helping them to navigate over 4,000 colleges and universities within the US and many more around the world. Our goal is for each student to matriculate to a suitable institution where they will thrive.
Through individual and group meetings, our college counselor supports students with:
- Course planning, standardized testing preparation, college research
- Identifying academic and personal interests, strengths, and goal identification
- Advising on SAT or ACT testing information, college fairs, summer opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities and scholarships
- Building a strong resumé, crafting a compelling personal statement and developing interview skills
- Embarking on college life with confidence and an understanding of who they are and how they can impact their future
All students are encouraged to visit the Counseling Office to become familiar with the resources available to students at all times such as SAT or ACT testing information, college fairs, summer opportunities, volunteer opportunities and scholarships.
WIS is affiliated with other counseling organizations which can further customize their service at discounted rates to meet student’s needs.